On October 30, 2020, the Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (“TİTCK”) published the Information Guideline for Cosmetic Product Manufacturers, Consumers, Service Providers, and Professionals Using Professional Products (“Guideline”). The guideline aims to harmonize, consolidate and simplify repetitive guidelines published on different dates.
The TİTCK evaluated their previously published guidelines and created a single unified guideline. The Guideline provides recommendations and procedures for different types of cosmetic products, natural and organic cosmetic product claims, cosmetic product packaging, and the maintaining quality and safety of cosmetic products. The Guideline provides guidance to prevent possible hazards that may arise from the misuse of cosmetic products and to safely release cosmetic products into the market.
The Guideline entered into force on October 28, 2020, effectively repealing the following guidelines listed as of the same date.
- Guideline for Natural and Organic Cosmetic Ingredient and Product Claims Version 2.0
- Guideline for Cosmetic Products Included in Service Delivery Version 2.0
- Guideline for Preservatives Allowed to be Used in Cosmetic Products
- Guideline for Promotional Activities for Cosmetic Products Version 1.0
- Guideline for Cosmetic Products Consumers Version 1.0
- Guideline for Cosmetic Products’ UZEM Notification Version 1.0
- Guideline for Cosmetic Products for Professional Use Version 1.0
- Guideline for Considerations in Labeling Cosmetic Products
- Guideline for Considerations for the Storage, Transport, Sales and Service Environments and Application Places of Cosmetic Products
- Guideline for Listing Product Ingredients in Cosmetic Products
- Guideline for Cosmetic Product Users and Salespersons Version 2.0
- Guideline for Cosmetotextile Products Version 3.0
- Guideline for Cosmetic Products and Their Composition
- Guideline for Maintaining the Quality of Cosmetic Products After Manufacturing Version 1.0
- Guideline for the Stability of Cosmetic Products and the Duration of Use After Opening Version 1.0
- Guideline for Types of Certification to Prove Claims in Cosmetic Products
- Guideline for Quality Requirements of Ingredients in Cosmetic Products
The Guideline is available here (in Turkish).
The TİTCK aims to provide a thorough guideline for cosmetic products manufacturers, consumers, service providers, and professionals using professional products. Accordingly, all relevant persons should review the updated guideline and follow the TİTCK’s announcements in this regard.