This Privacy Statement describes how Esin Attorney Partnership collects, uses, shares, and otherwise processes personal data (as defined below) in accordance with Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Data Protection Law“) in relation to:
- Visitors to our Website, mobile applications and other online services
- Contact persons for our clients and/or prospective clients
- Individuals applying for job positions or contacting with us
- Contact persons for suppliers of goods and services to the Esin Attorney Partnership
- Any other individuals about whom the Esin Attorney Partnership obtains personal data
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” means any information that relates to an identified or an identifiable real person.
Esin Attorney Partnership acts as a data controller under limited circumstances in relation to recruitment processes, provision of legal services without direct client interference, physical and electronic environment safety and sending of information messages.
In this regard, to the extent that Esin Attorney Partnership processes your Personal Data as a data controller, you may refer to this Privacy Notice for our processing activities. Processing activities we carry out further to our clients’ instructions and/or requests fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. Necessary notifications regarding such processing activities are made by the relevant clients that act as data controllers.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect the following Personal through automated means such as our servers and electronic devices or non-automated means such as our document archives that are part of a data recording system:
Identification and contact data (Basic data): Name, phone number, mail address, e-mail address and contact details.
Special categories of data: in limited circumstances, we process special categories of data defined under the applicable law where you have provided us with such information as it is necessary for a specific service we are providing to you (e.g association membership).
Registration data: Newsletter requests, event, conference, webinar and seminar registrations.
Client service data: Personal data relating to clients or data received from clients third parties, invoicing details and payment history, and client feedback.
Contact data: Data about individual participation in events, conferences, webinars and seminars.
Compliance data: Government identifiers, passports or other identification documents, dates of birth.
Job applicant data: Data provided by job applicants others on our website or offline means in connection with employment opportunities that may be subject to a separate privacy notice.
Device data: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our website.
We collect your Personal Data from a number of sources, either directly from you or from our clients, suppliers, public authorities and publically available sources.
Processing of Personal Data
The purposes for which we collect and process your Personal Data, and the legal bases for such processing are as follows:
- To provide legal advice we use basic data, registration data, client service data and device data. We process your data (i) to perform our obligations under our contracts with our clients and, (ii) to the extent such processing is necessary, for our legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by data subjects’ fundamental rights and freedoms, (iii) and in connection with the conclusion or performance of a contract where processing of contracting parties’ data is necessary and (iv) where data subject made their data public.
- To manage our business operations and administer our client relationship we use basic data, registration data, client service data, compliance data and device data. This processing is necessary (i) in order to perform our obligations under our contracts with our clients (e.g. issuing and processing invoices) and suppliers (e.g. managing the supply of goods and services to Esin Attorney Partnership) and (ii) for our legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by data subjects’ fundamental rights and freedoms. We also use such data in connection with the conclusion or performance of a contract where processing of contracting parties’ data is necessary and where data subject made their data public.
- To make our website more intuitive and easy to use we use device data. In cases where processing necessary for our legitimate interests provided that that such interests are not overridden by data subjects’ fundamental rights and freedoms, we use such data to monitor how our website is used to help us improve the layout and information available on our websites and provide a better service to our website users.
- To protect the security and effective functioning of our website and information technology systemswe use basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data. In cases where processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and for legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by data subjects’ fundamental rights and freedoms, we use such data to monitor how our website is used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of our website. This helps us to ensure that you can safely use our website.
- To provide information and updatessuch as providing you with information about events, conferences, webinars, seminars, legal alerts and legal updates, we use basic data and registration data. Further to your explicit consent if necessary, or where processing is necessary for our legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, we process this information in order to provide you with tailored and relevant information, updates and invitations.
- To address compliance and legal obligations, such as checking the identity of new clients and to prevent money laundering and/or fraud we use basic data, registration data, transaction data and device data. We process such data in cases where (i) the processing is necessary for the purposes of complying with legal requirements to which we are subject, (ii) the processing is provided for by the laws, and (iii) the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- To consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage on-boarding procedureswe use job applicant data and compliance data. The processing is necessary for the purposes of recruitment and on-boarding and for complying with legal obligations to which we are subject. If these data is made public by the data subject themselves for such purposes, we process these data to comply with our legal obligations and for legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms. Candidate Privacy Notice in relation to employee candidates is available online here.
Transfer of Personal Data
We may share personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- Business Partners:Esin Attorney Partnership operates in cooperation with other law firms and business partners around the world. We may share personal data with our global business partners and other global law firms in order to provide you with legal services and in order to administer our relationship with you or otherwise as necessary for the purposes described above, provided that you request us to do so or give consent for such transfer.
- Suppliers and service providers:We share personal data with suppliers and service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above. These include: infrastructure and IT services providers, for example, the providers of our client intake system, our finance systems and our customer relationship management databases; third party consultants who provide us with support in respect of business analytics; and the providers of external venues where we host conferences and events.
We require such parties by contract to provide reasonable security for personal data and to use and process such personal data on our behalf only.
- Financial institutions:We share personal data with financial institutions in connection with invoicing and payments.
- Buyer companies: If Esin Attorney Partnership is subject to transactions such as merge, acquisition, transfer of assets, transfer of services to another provider, or become insolvent, go bankrupt or become subject to liquidation procedures, to the extent permitted by law, we may share your Personal Data with a buyer or a prospective buyer company.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal claims:We share personal data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, to comply with a request from our regulators, governmental request or any other legally enforceable demand. We also share personal data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims. We may share Personal Data with government officials and other persons if it is (i) necessary for the transfer or sale of a business or (ii) required by legal or administrative requirements or a court order.
In addition, servers we use for communication on electronic platform are located outside of Turkey. If you provide personal data when you contact us through website or directly via email, you transfer your personal data abroad. If you do not wish to contact us through the website or via email, you may contact us by calling our office number.
If you have any questions regarding persons we share your Personal Data with, please contact us as explained below.
You have control regarding our use of Personal Data for contacting you through information messages. If you no longer wish to receive any such communications, you may contact us using the email address in the relevant communication or the address provided below.
Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights under Law No. 6698 on Protection of Personal Data in relation to the processing of your Personal Data:
(a) to learn whether the personal data relating to you are being processed,
(b) if it is processed, to request information with regard to processing,
(c) to learn purposes of the processing and whether they are used for such purpose or not;
(d) to know the third persons within or outside the country to whom the personal data are transferred,
(e) to request notifying third persons to whom the personal data are transferred, about the processes of deletion or correction of your personal data,
(f) to object to negative consequences about you that are concluded as a result of analysis of the processed personal data exclusively by automatic means,
(g) to claim indemnification if the you suffered damage due to illegal processing of your personal data.
(i) Are third party websites governed by this Privacy Notice?Privacy practices under this Privacy Notices only apply to our website. This website may contain links and references to other websites. Esin Attorney Partnership does not accept any responsibility for other websites’ privacy practices or contents. If you access a third party website or otherwise visit a third party website, please review privacy polices of any linked third party websites. (ii) Changes to the Privacy Notice Esin Attorney Partnership reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to visit our website periodically, and in particular, before providing any personal data on the website. Any changes to the Privacy Notice will be announced on the website and you will be able to access the changes through a link on the main page. The effective date of our Privacy Notice is posted below.
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us here:
Esin Attorney PartnershipEbulula Mardin Cad. Gül Sok. No. 2
Maya Park Tower 2, Akatlar — Beşiktaş
Phone: +90 (212) 376 64 00 Effective Date: Last Update: