The Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (the “TİTCK”) recently published on its website various new or updated guidelines (collectively the “Guidelines“) regarding the cosmetics sector based on the Cosmetics Law and the Cosmetics Regulation.
The TİTCK recently published the following Guidelines:
- the Guidelines on Cosmetotextile Products Version 3.0 (available here in Turkish)
- the Guidelines on Cosmetic Product Claims Version 4.0 (available here in Turkish)
- the Guidelines on Certification Types to Prove Cosmetic Product Claims (available here in Turkish)
- the Guidelines on Quality Requirements for Cosmetic Products Components (available here in Turkish)
- the Guidelines on the Analysis of Cosmetic Products (available here in Turkish)
The Guidelines on Cosmetotextile Products and the Guidelines on the Certification Types to Prove Cosmetic Product Claims are updated to ensure further harmonization with the applicable legislation.
The Guidelines on the Types of the Certification to Prove Cosmetic Product Claims elaborate the main principles and procedures for the certification of cosmetic product claims. The Guidelines on Quality Requirements for Cosmetic Products Components outlines the minimum requirements for and explanations regarding the components used in cosmetic products. The Guidelines on the Analysis of Cosmetic Products explain the appropriate methods for analysis of cosmetic products, as well as the standardization and validation principles of such analysis.
The Guidelines entered into force as of their publication.
The TİTCK continues to shed light on the practical issues for cosmetics manufacturers. Cosmetics companies should take note of the new and updated Guidelines and take the necessary steps to ensure compliance.