The Export Communiqué No. 2020/5 on the Amendment of the Communiqué of Products Subject to Export Registration (Communiqué No. 2006/7) was published in the Official Gazette No. 31072 on March 18, 2020 (“Amending Communiqué”). The Amending Communiqué added certain products and raw materials to the List of Products Subject to Export Registration.
What Do the Communiqués Say?
Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, there has been an increase in demand for certain personal hygiene products and raw materials used in hygiene products; these products were added to the List of Products Subject to Export Registration. The Amending Communiqué provides that these products’ customs declarations can only be recorded and assessed after applying to the relevant Export Union’s General Secretary for pre-approval. The Export Union’s General Secretary reviews the request and asks the Ministry of Trade’s Export General Directorate to issue the pre-approval.
The products that require export pre-approval are:
- Ethyl alcohol (HS Code: 22.07 (excluding HS Code: 2207.20.00.10.15 and HS Code: 2207.20.00.90.15), HS Codes: 2188.8.131.52.00, 2184.108.40.206.00, 2220.127.116.11.00, 218.104.22.168.00)
- Cologne (HS Code: 3303.00.90.00.11)
- Disinfectant (HS Codes: 3402.90.10.00.12, 3808.94.10.00.00, 3808.94.20.00.00, 3808.94.90.00.19, 3808.94.90.00.11, 2905.12.00.00.12)
- Hydrogen peroxide (HS Code: 28.47)
- Melt blown fabric (HS Code: 56.03) (used in medical mask production)
The aim of the Amending Communiqué is to meet the increasing demand of certain medical and personal hygiene products in the internal market due to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as medical masks, disinfectants, and cologne. To this end, the Amending Communiqué requires the Ministry of Trade to issue a pre-approval for the export of the listed products and raw materials.