The Turkish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (the “TİTCK”) recently announced new procedures for the medicine licensing process depending on the payment status of the scientific analysis and assessment fees.
Scientific analysis and assessment fees are among the mandatory fees in the medicine licensing process. In early January, the TİTCK announced an update to scientific analysis and assessment fees – including price tariffs – and stated that the deadline for the payment of scientific analysis and assessment fees was February 17, 2017. Companies that missed the payment deadline have had their license application waitlisted until November 30, 2017. Companies that do not pay their scientific analysis and assessment fees by November 30 will have their applications cancelled.
For more information on scientific analysis and assessment fees, please refer to our previous legal alert of January 11, 2017.
What the Announcement Says
The TİTCK recently announced the following procedures on its website.
– If the laboratory analysis on the relevant products was initiated, the analysis will be completed; if the laboratory analysis has not yet been initiated, the analysis process will be suspended.
– Upon the payment of the scientific analysis and assessment fees, the licensing process will resume as of the date notified by the TİTCK.
– Priority or high priority applications will be fast-tracked for the active licensing process (the “Active Process List”) upon the payment of the scientific analysis and assessment fees.
– The products listed on the Process Waiting List will be transferred to the Active Process List in accordance with the number of licensed products that were on the Active Process List and the licensing schedule. Applications transferred to the Active Process List will be announced within the first five working days of each month until November 30, 2017.
– Priority or high priority applications will be placed immediately on the Active Process List.
– Other applications will be placed on the Active Process List only upon the payment of the scientific analysis and assessment fees.
– Priority or high priority applications will be placed on the Active Process List upon the payment of the scientific analysis and assessment fees.
– The TİTCK will notify the applicant of the active process commencement date and the deadline for the payment of the scientific analysis and assessment fees. Such applications will be waitlisted until the commencement of the active process.
The final waitlist and licensing process for 2018 will be announced in the December 2017 evaluation.
The TİTCK continues to provide pharmaceutical companies detailed guidelines on the medicine licensing process. Pharmaceutical companies should take note of the new procedural steps for their license applications and should follow future announcements made by the TİTCK.
For further information,
28/03/2017 09/06/2022 https://www.esin.av.tr/2017/03/28/titck-announces-new-procedures-for-license-applications/ https://www.esin.av.tr/wp-content/themes/esin/images/esin.jpg
TİTCK Announces New Procedures for License Applications
Recommended for you
- Doing Business in Türkiye 2023
- What Kind of Amendments Does the Bill Dated 16 November 2021 Envisage in the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works Numbered 5846?
- Takaful Insurance Regulation On The Way
- Constitutional Court Issues Decision on Right to Request Protection of Personal Data
- Turkish FX Laws: Capital Movements Circular Amends FX Earnings Statements for FX Loans
- How will the new FX borrowing restrictions affect acquisition finance/ leveraged buy-outs and project finance?
- COVID-19: Short-Term Working Allowance II
- Amendments to Financial Restructuring Framework Agreement
- Turkey Tightens Deadlines and Revises Fees for License Applications in 2017
- Turkey finally adopts data protection law
- Bankruptcy protection provides an “easy way out” in Turkey