Our highly demanded seminar “Buying Your Distributor” is back!
Buying your distributor may seem like just another M&A deal. However, these deals are different; they are concluded more quickly and the parties are already familiar with each other.
Our partners Duygu Turgut (M&A), Dr. Erdal Ekinci (Tax), Yalın Akmenek (Compliance), and Sertaç Kökenek (Employment) and associate Sinan Diniz (Competition) will discuss why you should be more vigilant and careful in these deals, covering the subject from five different legal perspectives at our “Buying Your Distributor” webinar on 20 January 2022, from 2.00 pm until 4.00 pm (GMT +3).
Hurry and save your virtual Zoom seat now!
Esin Attorney Partnership
|2:00 – 2:20 pm||M&A Process | Duygu Turgut – Partner|
- How will the deal process differ from standard M&A transactions?
- Convenience of buying a distributor
- Where to pay extra attention in due diligence?
- Breaking points of definitive agreement negotiations when buying a distributor
- Share Purchase Agreement/Shareholders’ Agreement
- Ancillary agreements between you and your distributor (e.g., distribution agreement, license agreement)
- How do the definitive agreements and ancillary agreements interact with each other?
|2:20 – 2:40 pm|
|Competition | Sinan Diniz – Associate|
- Competition law considerations for due diligence
- Merger control regime in Turkey
- Post-transaction integration and establishing a robust competition law compliance system
|2:40 – 3:00 pm||Compliance | Yalın Akmenek – Partner|
- What can noncompliance cost you while buying your distributor?
- What are the compliance red flags while carrying out compliance due diligence?
- Understanding the distributor’s corporate culture
- Post-acquisition diligence and compliance integration
|3:00 – 3:20 pm|| Tax | Dr. Erdal Ekinci – Partner|
- Asset deal vs. share deal
- Termination of distributorship contract
- Financing of the acquiring company
|3:20 – 3:40 pm|| Employment | Sertaç Kökenek – Partner|
- Employment due diligence
- Employing your distributor: things to watch out for
- Integration process
- Restructuring due to overlapping employees
|3.40 – 4.00 pm||Q&A|