The Capital Movements Circular was amended to change the total amount of FX loans Turkish residents can borrow for financing renewable energy projects with state guarantee and made under the framework of the Law No. 5346 on the Use of Renewable Energy Resources for the Purposes of Generating Electricity.
What Does the Amendment Say?
Prior to the amendment, the amount of the FX loans utilized could not exceed the product of the generation amount set out in the borrower’s license and subject price (including local support price) within the scope of YEK Support Mechanism (YEK Destekleme Mekanizması), calculated for eight years.
Following the amendment, the FX loan to be utilized will not exceed 80% of the product of the generation amount set out in the borrower’s license and subject price (including local support price) within the scope of YEK Support Mechanism (YEK Destekleme Mekanizması), calculated based on the remaining period of the state guarantee.
The ceiling of FX loans to be utilized for renewable energy projects is now updated.
For further information,
Banking & Finance
Recommended for you
- Doing Business in Türkiye 2023
- İYS Registration Deadline
- TİTCK Launches New Product Tracking System for Medical Devices
- COVID-19: Application Period for Short-Term Working and Short-Term Working Allowance Extended
- Cosmetics Safety: Turkey Continues Cracking Down on Unsafe and Non-Compliant Cosmetic Products – April 2020
- COVID-19: Short-Term Working Allowance Extended to 30 June 2021
- TİTCK Publishes Draft Guideline for Phase 1 Clinical Trial Research Centers
- Asset Peace Again
- Debt Assumption for Build-Operate-Transfer Projects and Railway Transportation Supports
- Turkey Implements Mandatory Vehicle Emergency Calling Programme
- Amendments Introduced to Secondary Legislation of Consumer Law