The Capital Movements Circular was amended to change the total amount of FX loans Turkish residents can borrow for financing renewable energy projects with state guarantee and made under the framework of the Law No. 5346 on the Use of Renewable Energy Resources for the Purposes of Generating Electricity.
What Does the Amendment Say?
Prior to the amendment, the amount of the FX loans utilized could not exceed the product of the generation amount set out in the borrower’s license and subject price (including local support price) within the scope of YEK Support Mechanism (YEK Destekleme Mekanizması), calculated for eight years.
Following the amendment, the FX loan to be utilized will not exceed 80% of the product of the generation amount set out in the borrower’s license and subject price (including local support price) within the scope of YEK Support Mechanism (YEK Destekleme Mekanizması), calculated based on the remaining period of the state guarantee.
The ceiling of FX loans to be utilized for renewable energy projects is now updated.
For further information,
24/05/2018 11/09/2021 https://www.esin.av.tr/2018/05/24/turkey-amends-fx-loan-amounts-for-renewable-energy-projects/ https://www.esin.av.tr/wp-content/themes/esin/images/esin.jpg
Banking & Finance
Recommended for you
- New Amendments to Media Regulations in Turkey
- TİTCK Publishes Updated GMP Certificate Forms
- Cosmetics Safety: Turkey Continues Cracking Down on Unsafe and Non-Compliant Cosmetic Products – May 2019
- TİTCK Advises Medical Device Companies on the New Product Tracking System
- Ministry to Define FX Payment Ban Exemptions
- COVID-19: Termination Prohibition Back On the Agenda
- Project Bonds: Details Revealed
- Turkey Introduces Domestic eSIM Technology
- Effective Date of New Limits on Turkish Bank Fees and Commissions Delayed
- Decrease of FX Transactions Tax and Withholding Tax Imposed on TRY Deposit Interests/Participation Account Dividends